Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spine at the Lunar Eclipse



Thanks to my fellow students at the Fulbright International Summer Institute in Triavna, I experienced a new way of working. I was looking for a way to create, think, enjoy the collaborative moment and release the control – trust others. We created a performance in a square in Triavna, which inspired me to work outside the realm of galleries and museums and bring my art into the everyday.
The students created one-word responses to the word hate that were then created into the following poem which I wrote onto their bodies in the Triavna Town Square.

СИЛНА СТРАСТ ЗА
ЛЕСНА ПЕЧАЛБА
НАДЗЕМНА ПОХОТ ЗА
РОЗОВИ БЕЗРАЗЛИЧНИ
YСМИВKИ
МИРЪТ СТРАДА,
ОБСЕБВAН ОТ МИНАЛО
И НАСИЛИЕ, БОЛКА,
РЕВHOСТ,
ДИСКРИМИНАЦИЯ
ВOEННА МАШИНА,
ДРЪН - ДРЪН
НЕВEРНИТЕ ДРУГИ СЕ
БОРЯТ С УЖАСЯВA-
ЩАТА ГЛУПОСТ

INTENSE PASSION FOR
EASY PROFIT
OVER-GROUND LUST
FOR PINK INDIFFERENT
SMILES
PEACE SUFFERS
OBSESSED WITH PAST
AND VIOLENCE, PAIN,
JEALOUSY,
DISCRIMINATION
WAR MACHINE,
BLAH-BLAH-BLAH
UNFAITHFUL OTHERS
FIGHT HORRIBLE
STUPIDITY

No comments:

Post a Comment